Why I write:
I fell in love with writing and it’s a relationship built on joy, persistence and tears. From a young age I was an avid reader and writer. I would spend hours penning essays, poems and my thoughts on life. As a teenager, I joined my high school’s journalism team and worked for the South Florida Sun Sentinel, as a member of their Next Generation staff.
After college I worked in Real Estate, creating marketing and collateral materials (ads, website jargon, CEO profiles, press releases) for development companies. However, my dream was to write stories inspired by life—marriage and family, travel, food, home furnishings and design, fashion, weddings, health and beauty. So, I took a chance and started a freelance career blogging and writing for magazines.
Why should you hire me?
- I have a lot of story ideas. I continually draw inspiration from my life experiences—knowledge of French and Spanish; working in the hospitality and retail industries; traveling overseas; planning my wedding in 2011; having lived in the South, New England and the Midwest; working in Real Estate when the housing bubble burst.
- I’m experienced in magazine and online writing, including headlines, web formatting, image use, and SEO.
- I’ve proven my blogging abilities through my own blog.
- My keen eye for deadlines and details: I submit articles on time or early, and at word count.
- I’m a creative thinker and collaborative worker: My articles are well-researched and well-thought-out. There’s no need to hold my hand when finding sources or identifying story angles. I do, however, ask for your input where it counts—as stories change and with art ideas—so you don’t end up with any surprises in your inbox.
- My enthusiasm: My goal is to always craft compelling pieces, because I love what I do. I’m not happy until I’ve blown away your expectations.
- I’m pleasant to work with!
I specialize in:
- Creative Web Content
- Social Media Branding & Marketing
- Email Newsletters
- Press Releases
- Print Articles for Magazines & Newspapers
More about me:
I moved from Florida to Chicago in 2011, after marrying a Southern guy who has a really cute accent. (Yes, he had me at “Hello”). Planning my wedding was an awesome experience, but being his bride was even better. (Even though I sometimes wish I could plan it again, but with Pinterest this time!) When not working on my next project, I can be found sipping tea while thumbing through a magazines and books from my reading list, shopping the racks of my favorite stores, or whipping up something with Justin in our kitchen.
In the summer of 2013, Justin and I relocated to Houston. We adore and miss our beloved Chicago, but it’s great to finally live close to our family—especially our little nephew, Ethan.